Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pep Boys is of the DEVIL

READ THIS BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK OF TAKING A CAR TO PEP BOYS!

LAS VEGAS EXPERIENCE REVIEW
What a joke. This is the worst company I have ever encountered. I took my car in after my timing belt broke. They diagnosed that they needed to replace the timing belt and water pump. I gave the OK. A week later when they finally got around to working on my car, they discovered that part of the engine needed to be replaced. Three days later the WHOLE engine needed to be replaced. As I needed the car to get back home, I had to have it fixed. What do you know when they "discover" that the whole transmission is shot, too. What a pack of crappy liars. I am so disgusted. They said it would be ready January 2. Not. Now January 8. Not. January 20. Of course it wasn't ready. Now January 22. No call. Finally on January 26 I called and it was ready to go. They even said they took it on a 30 mile test drive. I drove 300 miles to come pick it up and I was an hour out of Vegas and the speed sensor "broke"...coincidence? Of course not. I puttered home and now have my car in to get fixed (the check engine light came on, the windshield fluid no longer comes out, and the power steering fluid is leaking) at Pep Boys at home. I thought that maybe they would do a decent job, but again I am dealing with the same crappy service. The ONLY reason my car is at PepBoys is for the warranty. After this I will NEVER be taking any business there AGAIN. I fully recommend this to anyone who has a mind to have fair and decent service to their car! WHAT A JOKE!

OREM REVIEW
Took my car in to get it fixed from Las Vegas Pep Boys not completing the service. All it needed was a speed sensor put in. Took it in on Friday and was told I would receive a phone call on the diagnostic in 2 hours...of course they didn't call until Saturday late morning. Said they had to order the sensor and would have it ready by Monday. I should not have been surprised when it was not in on Monday. They got it on Tuesday and said the process would take 10 minutes. I called in the afternoon and they told me they would start in 45 minutes. Did they have it done 3 hours later? OF COURSE NOT! A 10 minute job to fix what their company had already screwed up is STILL not done. I will NEVER take a car back to PepBoys anywhere and will fully recommend this action for anyone who expects good...or even decent service!

1 comment:

Landon and Julie said...

Dude that bites hard! So sorry to hear that-