I should have taken Chris's suggestion and made a button to pin to my shirt that proclaimed "I'M NOT PREGNANT!" for all to know. Yes, today is parent teacher conferences and just like
last time, and the time before that, and the time before THAT, a so-kind parent asked that so-kind and so-appropriate question. (That was heavily sarcastic.)
"NO! I wish more than ANYTHING but NO!!!
And STOP ASKING!!!!!!!"
2 comments:
Oh Renae-- that is the WORST. I am so sorry. I wish people were not so insensitive. I swear, questions like that are NEVER appropriate. Hang in there. I hope you have some quick comeback that put them in their place! (is that awful for me to say??)
Hi Renae,
I hope you remember me from freshman year. I know we hung out a few times with the same kids and you lived just upstairs. But anyways, sometimes I check out your blog (I usually get here from Sarah Nances' blog). I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and feel your pain. Hang in there! Richard and I have struggled for many years with infertility and it's hard. I don't know your situation or anything but I do know how insensitive people can be and how hard it can be to wait for children when you want them more than anything. I hope you don't think I'm weird for checking out your blog! :)
Thinking of you! My blog is private but if you ever want to check it out (I write about infertility sometimes too) feel free to email me! :) Especially since I read yours sometime. :)
emcondie@gmail.com
Post a Comment