Sunday, December 13, 2009

I Wonder What Will Be Next?

Monday-BRRR!! 0 degrees. Inside day for the kids at school (no fun for teachers).

Tuesday-frozen pipes in the kitchen! We opened the cupboards, ran the space heater(s)x

0 degrees. Inside day for recess...hope it doesn't happen tomorrow!

Wednesday-pipes are still frozen. Another inside day.

Thursday-Inside day again. Frozen pipes. We borrowed a blow dryer from the Lisonbees and ran it for an hour and a half. 2 drips.

Friday-Kids could choose if they wanted to go outside-most didn't. Pipes are still frozen :)

Saturday-A plumber came and didn't know what to do about the pipes. He just moved from Mesa, AZ. Said he would get back to us (and still hasn't). Finally in the afternoon, with the slightly warmer weather, we got hot water! I did dishes in scalding water and then we waited for the cold. About an hour and a half later we got cold water!

Sunday-Chris found a big puddle in our front room. We found many more when we got home from church (where we learned that our neighbors got flooded too and are getting new carpet...).

I wonder what will be next?

No comments: